Are you a stone cutter or do you build castles?
The story goes a little something like this…
Three stone cutters were asked about their jobs.
The first one replied, “I’m paid to cut stones.”
The second replied, “I use special techniques to shape stones in an exceptional way, here let me show you.” He proceeded to demonstrate.
The third just smiled and said, “I build castles.”
Here at ED Projects we are all castle builders and we are always looking for more people who can help build the castle with us
Are you looking for a new challenge in the highly dynamic, challenging oil and gas industry? We are an independent and interconnected team that encourages learning, creativity and innovation in a supportive and enjoyable working environment. If this sounds like your kind of working environment and you too are a castle builder, then we are looking for you!
ED Projects is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Who are we looking for?
EDP are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer on a full time basis (part time can be negotiated) at their office in Heerhugowaard. The main purpose of this role is to design and develop new and existing mechanical solutions with high responsibility.
Key responsibilities, tasks and authorities
- responsible for the research and development tasks;
- developing a project plan including budget, requirements and planning;
- designing and developing of new and existing mechanical solutions in 3D CAD software;
- knowledge in Non-Linear Finite Element Analysis (including contacts, Pre-tension bolts);
- developing and coordinating, laboratory tests for evaluating critical parts in designs;
- determining component specifications (material, hardness, treatment);
- coordinates Production and controls quality documents;
- reports to the Director;
- research and development skills and a creative technical view;
- mechanical engineering ( Werktuigbouwkunde WTB ) on HBO level;
- skills in 3D CAD software;
- knowledge of FEA Analysis;
- verbal and written English communications skills;
- knowledge of oil- and gas drilling industry would be advantageous;
What do we offer?
- competitive salary;
- challenging and responsible role;
- dynamic and international working environment;
- small and committed team;
Interested? Email us your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com.
Even if we do not have a current vacancy that matches your skill set or ambitions, we believe it is still important to meet people interested in working here. Let us know what you think you could offer us for we might be looking for you!
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org